This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of Patient Care Intervention Center (“PCIC”) in connection with the http://www.pcictx.org/ website (the “Website”). The Privacy Notice describes the personal information that PCIC collects and processes, how PCIC may use and share the information, and the choices that are available to individuals with respect to PCIC’s handling of the information. Please note that some functionality described in this Privacy Notice may not be available at this time at all times, or to all individuals.
Personal Information We Collect
In connection with our partners’ use of the Website:
- Healthcare providers, community partners and other contracting parties may submit information directly to us.
- Individuals may authorize or direct third parties to share information about them with us.
- We or our service providers may use automated means to collect certain usage information regarding the Website.
- Patient healthcare information and utilization data
- Patient contact information, such as name and email address.
- Patient demographic information, such as gender, birth date, weight, height, and location.
- Medical or health information that individuals choose to provide to us or authorize others to provide to us on their behalf, including information about diagnosis, medical care, and medications.
- Aggregated and de-identified data used for research purposes and for providing our partners with certain population health reports.
How We Use The Personal Information We CollectWe may use personal information to:
- Communicate with our business partners to provide reports on healthcare utilization on a community-wide basis.
- Tailor the content we display to our partners in connection with our Website and in our communications.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve the Website, our business, our websites and mobile applications, and other products and services we offer (including to understand usage trends and develop new products and services).
- Prepare summaries or reports regarding the personal information we obtain about individuals.
- Conduct research and collaborate with other researchers regarding population health issues and healthcare delivery.
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies.
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests).
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our Website), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of the Website.
Personal Information We Share
PCIC does not share personal information except as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share information that we obtain about individuals with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Our partners who are healthcare service providers, or with contracting parties that perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize our subcontractors to use or share personal information for their own purposes without individual consent.
- Third parties with whom individuals authorize us to share personal information. For example, an individual may authorize that we send their personal information (whether on a one-time or recurring basis) to a healthcare provider.
Individual Rights and ChoicesIndividuals have certain rights regarding our processing of personal information:
- Individuals may decline to receive marketing or other commercial emails from PCIC by following the instructions HIPAA patient authorization. However, even if an individual opts out of receiving such communications, PCIC retains the right to send individuals non-marketing communications.
- Individuals may request access to the personal information that we maintain about them. We will provide any individual so requesting with a copy of the personal information we maintain about them in the ordinary course of business, to the extent the information is not available via our Website. Individuals may request to correct any errors in their personal information. We reserve the right to verify user identity in connection with access or correction requests to help ensure that we provide the information to individuals to whom it pertains, and to maintain in our internal records a copy of the information that was corrected.
International Data TransfersWe may transfer individual personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, if an individual is located outside of the United States, we typically transfer personal information to the United States. The countries to which we transfer personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which the individual has initially provided the personal information.
How We Protect Personal Information
PCIC maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure complete security of the personal information.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
PCIC reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. When we update this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals of changes that are deemed material under applicable legal requirements by updating the date of this Privacy Notice and providing other notification as required by applicable law.
How To Contact Us
Individuals may contact us with questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, or to request access to or correction of information. Our contact information is as follows:
Patient Care Intervention Center
Attn: Kallol Mahata
2225 E Randoll Mill Road, Suite 403,
Arlington, Texas 76011